Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Jehovah Jireh

I have been studying these past few weeks on the names of God. My families personal needs right now are focused on several aspects of God as we are dependent solely on His grace and mercy. God is my Jehovah Rapha and Jehovah Jireh. We are facing uncertain times economically at the Robertson household again, as are many people. Uncertainty of the future requires that I remember all of the times every day that my amazing Lord provides for my needs abundantly. I wish I could reflect and praise Him of His abundant provision of everything I "NEED" everyday instead of being distracted and focused on myself. But, I digress. I want to share with you an exert from the website bible.org on a study on Jehovah

The Revelation of the Name Jehovah-Jireh, Genesis 22:12-14. The meaning of this name is The Lord Who Provides. The name is literally, The Lord Who Sees, or The Lord Who Will See To It. This is what we long for when we have a need that is personal and special; One who will see to our needs and provide for us. This is what Jehovah-Jireh means; the Lord Who will see to it that my every need is met. One Who knows my need because He sees. One Who is able to meet my need in just the right time as He did for Abraham, and One Who can meet it fully. For Abraham, it was the ram caught in the thicket that was offered in Isaac's place. For us it is whatever we need.

Matthew 6:25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Isn’t there more to life than food and more to the body than clothing? Look at the birds in the sky: They do not sow, or reap, or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you more valuable than they are? And which of you by worrying can add even one hour to his life? Why do you worry about clothing? Think about how the flowers of the field grow; they do not work or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his glory was clothed like one of these! And if this is how God clothes the wild grass, which is here today and tomorrow is tossed into the fire to heat the oven, won’t he clothe you even more, you people of little faith? 6:31 So then, don’t worry saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ 6:32 For the unconverted pursue these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 6:33 But above all pursue his kingdom and righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 6:34 So then, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own.


Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply your every need according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Psalms 37:4 Then you will take delight in the Lord, and he will answer your prayers.

The name Jehovah-Jireh is a name that is crucial for us today as we seek to know the Father. It is a name that assures us that our Heavenly Father is able to provide any need we have. Trust Him for that!

I am fervently trusting in His provision for our family. I am praying that we will hear His voice above all others. In a way, it is another Great Adventure and exciting to see how the Lord will work all of these things out for His glory. There used to be a time when I would try and control as much of it as I possibly could refusing to release everything to Him. It is much more freeing to finally be able to say, not my will but YOURS be done. No matter what the future holds for our family, God is good all the time. All the time, God is good. Please pray that I can walk forward in faith, trusting and praising Him, no matter what lies ahead. May He receive all Glory and Honor and Praise.

No comments: