Friday, March 6, 2009

Friendship

A couple of my friends and I have had a really hard week. To cheer me up today, especially today, my friend Kipplyn sent me a poem to make me smile.

This is for you my friend! :-)

None of that 'Sis'-sy Stuff

Are you tired of those

/ *sissy*/* 'friendship' poems*

that always sound good,

but never actually come close

*to reality?*

Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of

*True Friendship.*

You WON'T see

*cutesy little smiley faces*

on this card-

Just the stone cold truth

of our great friendship.

*

1.* When you are sad,

I will jump on the person

who made you sad

like a spider monkey

jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!

*2.* When you are blue,

I will try to dislodge

whatever is choking you.

*3.* When you smile,

I will know you are

plotting something

that I must be involved in.

*4.* When you're scared,

we will high tail it out of here.

*5.* When you are worried,

I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse

it could be until you

quit whining, ya big baby!!!!

*6.* When you are confused,

I will use little words.

*7.* When you are sick,

Stay away from me

until you are well again.

I don't want whatever you have.

*8.* When you fall,

I'll pick you up

and dust you off--

After I laugh my rear off!!

*9.* This is my oath...

I pledge it to the end.

'Why?' you may ask;

-- because _you_ are _my_ FRIEND!

***********************

Friendship is like peeing your pants,

everyone can see it,

b ut only */YOU/*

can feel the

true warmth.


3 comments:

Dalene said...

Oh my goodnes. Those are great. Love ya, friend! I could be a spider monkey if you would bring me a can of mountain dew.

Christy said...

I love that poem. I felt lots of warm fuzzies when I read it. It was speaking my language.

Laura said...

Christy, I just wanted to make sure it was warm fuzzies you were feeling and not warm pants :) Love you!