Monday, September 17, 2007

Sometimes, God allows us to go though painful circumstances. I quickly discover a realistic knowledge of my limitations and my need for God every second of every day. IF I could handle all of this, again I wouldn't need him. Now I am looking to Him to handle all of my Anxiety of the Unknown and FEAR of the future. Are we not so glad that we are only given the hear and now of our lives. The Holy Spirit, our Comforter, is the One to bring us this peace from God. Peace and confidence come through prayer Phil 4:6-7 and from trusting in God. Psa 23:1-6. When we face such trials God’s intent is not to leave us faithless, but to leave us full of faith. God wants us to encourage one another to keep us from sin (Heb 3:12-13). God called each of us–He chose me–He chose you–Imagine, he looked all over the earth and chose us! You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, And called from its remotest parts And said to you, ‘You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you. (Isaiah 41: 9) He tells us not to look anxiously at our circumstances but to rely on Him. God is aware of the cares of this world, and that we need help dealing with them. He promises to strengthen us. Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41: 9-10)
Encouraging Links:
Landmind of Fear: Charles Stanly Sermon Video
Landmind in the Path of the Believer: Fear Outline
Landmind in the Path of the Believer: Life Principle Notes
Counsel Concerning Our Cares
Bible Verses on Anxiety
Jer 17:8 He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.
Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 127:2 It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.
Matt 6:31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
Matt 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matt 10:19 When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour.
Luke 12:11 And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself or what you should say.
Luke 12:22 And he said to his disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on.
I Peter 5:6-7 And God will exalt you in due time, if you humble yourselves under his mighty hand by casting all your cares on him because he cares for you.
Phil 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
1 Cor 7:32 I want you to be free from anxieties.

1 comment:

Laura said...

A lot of this post taken from the Heart of Wisdom website